Quality Assurance Nurse
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform as you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability to carry out your assigned duties.
Although your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make the outline as complete as possible. However, we must emphasize that you may be required to perform other related duties and activities as directed by the administrator/DON.
1) Assist in planning, organizing, and gathering of data for use in the facility’s established Quality Improvement Program
2) Assure that department personnel, residents, visitors, etc. follow the facility’s established policies and procedure, to include safety rules and regulations, at all times as delegated and under the supervision of the Administrator/DON
3) Provide information on the facility’s established department policies & procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, family members, etc. as assigned or directed by the Administrator/DON
4) Ensure that residents rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are followed by all department personnel per the established procedures of the facility.
5) Meet with department personnel on a regularly scheduled basis to assist in identifying targeting, and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services as directed by the Administrator/DON, in accordance with established policies/procedures, and within individual’s scope of practice, as applicable
6) Provide facility staff with information on QI policies and procedure, indicators, and outcome measures through utilization of established facility program and plans
7) Assure that your work area is maintained in a clean, safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform duties
8) Attend and participate in your professional associations’ activities and programs, etc. to assure that you keep abreast of current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional standards
9) Other duties as may become necessary and appropriate within the individual’s scope of practice, as applicable, or as directed by the Administrator/DON
10) Participate in Quality Improvement Committee Meetings and preparation of agenda items and reports as necessary for the meeting. Take minutes of QI meetings and prepare for final typing of such as directed by the Administrator
Chowan River Rehabilitation and Nursing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Chowan River Rehabilitation and Nursing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Chowan River Rehabilitation and Nursing expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Chowan River Rehabilitation and Nursing’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.